onsdag 9 augusti 2017

Welcome to the concert tomorrow - Chopin's 4 ballades


 Here is a (phone) recording of some of the last minutes of today's rehearsal before leaving Bjärka Säby - the place where I will have my concert tomorrow. As I have written in previous blog posts, this concert will be the fulfillment of an over 20 years old dream: to play all of the 4 ballades by Chopin. What you hear in this video is a segment in the first half of the last ballade, ballade nr 4. As is argued by many, this last ballade is one of the both most difficult and most wonderful of all music pieces ever written. However, no ballade is far behind - neither in difficulty nor in awesomeness - and each ballade is an intricate story of its own. I am looking forward to playing all 4 of them for you tomorrow, or whenever you will get the chance to listen to them (eventually I will also make proper recordings and upload them here).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar